Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Last Orientation

The school quarter hasn’t started yet but we are already starting so many preparations! Orientation is only a few days away and many things need to be done. The students and the volunteers and getting a free breakfast and lunch on Monday! How great is that? It’s worth getting involved at Berkeley! In addition to free food, we also get a free t-shirt. Ms. Young called me yesterday to ask me my shirt size.

Getting to orientation is going to be a nightmare. This Thursday I’m going to North Carolina (driving), and coming back on Sunday. After being in a car for 9 hours I will then have to drive 2 more hours’ home from my boyfriend’s house. I was thinking of possibly driving home on Monday morning but I really don’t want to run into morning commute so I think I will just stick with Sunday. I will be so tired of being in a car by then!

Ale, Travis and I have decided to make the SGA meetings this quarter on Tuesday at 4:30. It was very hard for Ale to get to the meetings at 4pm because she had to work. It was much more convenient for her to do it at 4:30. I have class on Tuesday so it makes it convenient for me that I don’t have to take additional time away from my internship and I don’t have to use up more gas having to come on campus. Travis is only on campus for one day this quarter which is Wednesday. Sadly that didn’t work out with anyone’s schedule but he said he does not mind being conferenced in. Hopefully we have a great quarter!

No comments: