Monday, June 30, 2008

Vacation!

Vacation time is great! I just got back from Lake George, NY and I had a wonderful time camping. We went for a whole week which was slowly getting to be too much but it was just about perfect timing when it was time to come home. I love camping because you really get to relax and rest. When you go to places where you explore a lot you don’t really get to relax because you end up doing more walking and work than any other day. It’s still fun but not relaxing.

We were able to do quite a lot while camping. We visited Fort William Henry where we learned how to shoot a cannon and how to make lead bullets. Every night we went out for ice cream and dinner which was really nice. We got a great deal when we went on a dinner cruise because it was the boats 100th birthday. For a trip AND a buffet meal we paid $10! The resort that I stayed at was very nice and I even ran into another Berkeley student! It was really fun.

In my last blog I wrote about my grade being 89.36 which made me wonder if it would be rounded off. Well I e-mailed the professor and she told me no. She said that there has to be a cut off line somewhere and my grade will not be rounded. It made me sad that I was so close but I got all A’s in my other classes so it still made my GPA pretty high. Many times students try to be argumentative with professors but I like to see the point of view from both sides. I understand what she means and I understand her view.

No comments: