Thursday, June 5, 2008

Strategic Planning Meeting

Today was the Strategic Planning Meeting at the GMT campus. The meeting started at 12:15 with a lovely lunch. We then moved on to discussing the current plan and then talked about suggestions for the new plan. I was amazed at how detailed everything was and how interesting the plan was. Everyone was very professional and suggested great ideas on how to make the students happy.

One of the great suggestions I was really impressed by is how their planning on having classes where it will be held half on campus and half online. This is a great solution to a large increase in students wanting to take online classes because of the rise in gas prices. With these classes you can have the freedom to do class work at your own time but also have the attention of a in class professor. I love the idea!

Another thing I tried to accomplish today was to get packages for the summer. There were a lot of lines around 5pm when I went there and I knew it would take a while. I came back closer to six but the line was still pretty long. I waited around for a bit and then had to go to class and I wasn’t able to make it. My class ended at 8pm since it’s only a 2 hour class so I figured why not go get it done now since it’s still early.

I got to the financial aid but Mr. Perez, S is a Financial Aid Administrator told me that they weren’t taking anymore students today. I mentioned to him that I will not be on campus until next Wednesday and I really need to pay my bill. Mr. Perez, S then told me to call tomorrow and they can do it over the phone. This was very relieving knowing I don’t have to wait until the last minute to pay my bill. When you have something outstanding with Student Accounts or Financial Aid you get a pop up on Blackboard every time you log in that remind you of it. It’s a great reminder but I was getting quite tired of it! I will call tomorrow and get packaged asap!

No comments: