Monday, June 2, 2008

Its Monday!

It’s Monday night and I’m already feeling extra tired! Every Monday night I have a routine of posting all my first discussion board posts. The rule is that you have to make your initial post by Wednesday and then you need 2 more to your classmate’s responses by the end of the week. I really like this system. It helps many students communicate and speak their mind.

The time crush is slowing beginning. There are only 2 weeks of school left and final papers are rolling in. I already have 2 new assignment assigned on top of other things I have to do for my internship. I have so many things going on this week too. On Thursday I have a meeting with the Strategic Planning Committee to discuss Berkeley Strategic Plan. I have several things I would like to discuss with them. I like that I have a voice as to what is going on around the school. The meeting was originally going to take place at one of the New York Campus. It got moved about a week ago to the Garret Mountain campus which is much more convenient for me. I was definitely not going to make it to the NY campus, but now I can be right in the action. We even get lunch!

SGA has been doing better than ever. As I mentioned before we will soon be launching an online Berkeley Blackboard version of SGA and we already got 30 people to sign up! We got them to sign up by telling them that if they print out the welcome page they will get free ice cream on Wednesday. What better way to bribe people than with ice cream! Facebook SGA has been going great as well. We have over 45 members which was very challenging. It’s growing, getting strong and more fun than ever. I hope it continues to do so after I graduate.

No comments: