Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Survey Time!

As I have been mentioning the end of the quarter is coming and everyone is trying to get everything done. Today I had some time so I took all my course surveys. At the end of each quarter Berkeley asks students questions about their course and the professor. Not only do we get a grade but so does the professor! This ensures students that they are getting the best professors and that they are getting a good education. These are some of the survey questions that we rate for the professor:

How was the timeliness of a professor’s response?
Was the course was at an appropriate level?
Did the professor listen to student’s questions and opinions?
How well did this course fit into the requirement?
Was this course challenging enough?
Was the grading explained effectively?
Were the class requirement explained effectively?
Free window to write any suggestions and opinions

I really love that Berkeley does this. I did not have any complaints about any of my courses just some suggestions. I suggested that for the internship course maybe we should be allowed to upload our weekly journal entrees once a week instead of saving them all for the end. It would be much more efficient and make it less of a burden at the end when everyone has many other finals to worry about. Listening to students is very important because the school exists for them. In a big college your voice barely gets heard.

No comments: