Saturday, July 12, 2008

Meetings and Classes

It is Saturday morning, it’s hot and it looks like it’s going to be a nice day. This morning I hopped on the computer to check my internship e-mail and see what my tasks for the following week will be. Yesterday Joelle, who is my internship supervisor, along with other internship members had a meeting with us about the new upcoming quarter. We met at the Six Brothers Diner on route 46 which is only about 5 min from the school. We talked about deliverables, what is to be expected and what our goals are.

It’s nice that we were all able to meet. We found out that the goal for this quarter was to make money! We have been trying to get investors for Verify-ED for a while now with not so good results. We are trying to come up with a new approach of making money such as advertising on our website and doing more things with statistics from our website. I am looking forward to working with statistics data. I enjoy putting things together in charts, organizing information and presenting it.

This week was my first week of doing class assignments for my online classes. For my internship I realized it’s all the same stuff! Every topic that we touched on last quarter we are touching up on again. It’s a repeat of last quarter. It can be good because you can use the same information from last quarter but at the same time you are not exposed to different information and critical thinking. For my Sociology class we have a test every single week. We have to read lecture notes, read the chapter and then the power point presentation which was 68 slides! After we do all that we have to take an online test. It’s a lot of work. After taking my first test I realized how hard the test was even thought I read ALL the material.

Another thing that has changed is how you can view your grades on Blackboard. You can no longer view the class average on the grades link. I used to like that link because it showed me how well I did in the class compared to other students. I’m not sure if the professor will tell us what the class average was or if we just don’t get that information anymore. I hope we get to see it so that I can compare my results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One website that I found helpful to study for class is theClassConnection.com. It provides students an opportunity to upload their notes, search other students notes, upload professors notes, and turns everything it can into flashcards automatically. It has helped me a lot.

Ben