Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Issues and Accomplishments

At SGA we are finally starting to work on rules and guidelines for SGA. Since I am graduating I really want to leave something behind that future students can follow and have as a guideline to the club. The way we did this is that we went around the table of all members and everyone had a chance to speak of what they thought should be a rule. I am a strong believer that everyone should be involved in this because we are one team that needs to work together to get things accomplished.

One thing we discussed is trying to implement more shuttle times for Berkeley. Right now the morning students get the shuttle to take them to the train station but there are no shuttles in the evening. This causes some problems for many students because they have no way of getting to the train station in the evening if they take night classes. Some people feel that it’s unfair that morning students get the shuttle but the evening students don’t. I agree that we definitely need to do something about this issue.

The great thing about Berkeley is that people listen to you. If students have an issue you can tell the problem straight to the Dean, Director of Student Development, and even the President of the college! I have been to many events where I have been invited to speak about the student problems. One important thing you need to remember about reporting problems to staff is that you have to have things in order. You don’t want to sound like your ranting, or complaining because nobody wants to listen to that. Express concerns and ideas instead.

I noticed that I have had over 1,000 viewers on my blog and I am very excited about that. This has been a great experience that I have been very proud of. If you read this blog and you have any questions about the blog or Berkeley feel free to leave a comment. I will address your question or comment in the following blog.

No comments: