Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Word 2003 or Word 2007?

It is 30 minutes before our first SGA meeting this quarter and I am relaxing in a nice cool computer lab. It is extremely hot outside and this is the best place to be right now. I am very curious to find out as to how many new students we will get. We tried to spread the word during orientation last week as much as we could. We have some new ideas and agendas that we want to approach. First of all, I want everyone in the group to become familiar with the new Strategic Plan for the Garret Mountain SGA. Last quarter when I did the Strategic Plan review for Berkeley, I got inspired to do one for SGA. We will discuss it this meeting.

One thing I noticed in my classes is that you have to ask your professor what type of Microsoft Word they want you to use. In one of my classes I got an e-mail form the professor asking me to use the 2003 version instead of the 2007 one. For me this was strange because most professors have switched over and the school system is also switched over to 2007. I remember at the beginning the Berkeley website didn’t want to take the 2007 version but now it takes it fine. It can be confusing so just check with your professor what they want you to use.

Six Flags is only 2 weeks away! I am so excited because I have not been there is a long time. I am even more excited that we are going on a Friday instead of a weekend so the place will not be so crowded. If you attended 6 of more SGA meetings you are qualified to go for free. This is great motivation for you to get involved. I wonder how many people will end up going. Well, I have to get going and go to the SGA meeting. Hope to see many people there!

1 comment:

matze_1987 said...

Hey Aleksandra,
I am Matthias from Germany.
At the beginning we have got the same problems with word 2007 like you in berkeley.
but I think there is an easy way to
solve this problem so that nobody must swich back to word 2003.
I think the problem is the type of the file which is different in word 2007. but there is an option to save flies in the older word 2003 typ. Maybe I could help you a little.
Greetings from germany