Saturday, July 26, 2008

Six Flags: The Dangerous Money Pit

Six Flags has come and gone and now my muscles are all sore from the rides. It was nice spending time with friends and reconnecting since we don’t always have time to talk about things other than school. The trip was nice, but I have to say I am most likely never going back to Six Flags.

I have always liked Six Flags until now. Now when you go there not only do you have to pay for your ticket, but then for each cool ride you have to pay an additional $1 for a locker! They no longer allow you to leave your things on the side, you have to buy a locker and then they allow you to get in line. This really made me angry because a ticket without any discounts is about $60, and then on top of it all you have to pay for their overpriced food and these lockers at each ride.

Then Ms. Young, Ale, other members from SGA and I were standing on line these two guys broke out into fight! One man was over 45 and the other guy was in his early 20’s. The man that was 45 thought that the other guy cut in line when he was only waiting for his friends. The 45 year old man got into the 20 year olds face and pushed him onto other people in line. We called the ride operator over and they didn’t care much about the situation and walked away saying that they called the security.

As you know, lines at Six Flags go back and forth in a zig zag so the two guys were going to be next to each other AGAIN. Ms. Young called the ride operator over and told him to stand here because she has students here and she doesn’t want another issue to arise. When the security guard finally arrived he didn’t do anything about the situation either. Apparently at Six Flags you can get kicked out of the park for cutting in line but if you try to push/punch someone on the line you won’t even get kicked out the ride line.

The security guard didn’t care to do anything because he said the guys are ok with each other now. We tried to explain to him that we don’t feel safe if he snaps again and they don’t do anything about it. He said that there are over a hundred people here and anyone could start a fight. We thought that it was a very stupid statement because this guy actually did start a fight.

Besides the issues that Six Flags has given us the trip was very good. I loved spending time with friends and catching up on things. I have lost all my respect for Six Flags and I will most likely never return there. I will make sure to pass on the word of my experience as well so others don’t run into my situations.

No comments: