Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Career Services

Career Services at Berkeley needs to work extra hard these days! The economy is slowing down and not many jobs are open but many students just graduated Berkeley. I never had an insight into career services because I never really needed to use them for anything. Now that some of my friends are graduating I get a feel for what to expect when I graduate.

Some people are having luck but some are not. I have a friend who just recently graduated Berkeley in April and he is still searching for a job. He contacted career services after he graduated but he is still waiting for a response back. They may be very busy with everything else going on but I hope he gets some help soon. Job searching can be a very agonizing annoying process.

Today was a very slow day for me. I worked on my internship in the morning and then went to work. It was extremely hot and I am ready for the fall to come. For my internship I got to analyze data today. Our Verify-ED website collects data about the people who visit the website which gives us some important information. For example I can find out how often someone goes to a certain page, how long they stay there or what pages do people view most. Its really cool and it leaves it for your interpretation to see what data means. I really enjoyed working with data today.

No comments: