Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Similar Classes

After taking my Human Sexuality class, I have noticed that The Changing Family class is very similar. We touch on the same topics, but they are a lot broader. Every week we now have a test in the class. Since it is an online class we have different materials to read such as PowerPoint’s, news articles, lecture notes and movies to watch, and of course our book. After we review all the materials we are instructed to take the online exam which is called the “Graded Homework Assignment.” It sounds a little scary that there are test every week, but it’s really easy as long as you review all the information ahead of time.

My internship is going well. This week I’m still working on the mini commercial clips for the company’s new service. I needed to take additional pictures and since my boyfriend is my model for the commercial I had to wait until the weekend to take them. This week I will also try to work on making a contest e-mail in the Constant Contact website. Constant Contact is a website that generates e-mails, newsletters, maintains contacts etc. It’s a very useful tool for a Marketing employee.

SGA is doing well so far. We got a new member on board Ameesha, who is working on a brochure for the library. She came up with the great idea to make a brochure and put it in the library for people to see. This way we can advertise, and inform people of our goals on campus. SGA is also planning a trip to Six Flags. Officers and anyone who attends more than 6 meetings will get a free pass to six flags. I think that’s a great deal! This is not planned for a while, but it will be fun either way. Hopefully we get to go during the week day so that there won’t be too many crowds!

No comments: