Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 2 is Already Here

I must say I have the best internship! Not only do I work with great people, but it’s convenient. Get this, tomorrow morning I have a meeting at 8:30 that I can do from bed! Since everyone lives a good distance from each other, the best way for all of us to meet and discuss progress is online. Since it is early, I am SO working from my bed! I have even put in an order for a lap desk.

As comfortable as my internship is, it’s a lot of work. This week is week 2 and we are moving on to a new assignment. Last week I made two blogs for the company, created a template for newsletters, as well as e-mails. We had some issues with setting up the voicemails and e-mails but now it’s all fixed. I now have a new e-mail akopec@verify-ed.com and I have my own extension! I called it the other day to check it out and it says “You have reached the Marketing department, please leave a message”. It got me very excited! On Thursday I’m picking up my business cards which I need for Friday.

This week we are thinking of a new slogan for the new service as well as working on the business plan for the company. In order for the company to get investors, we need a business plan. This is hard work, but there is nothing we girls can’t do! Wish us luck! On Friday we have an opportunity to attend another workshop which is held in Montclair, NJ. The event is called “Women in Communication”. It will give us an opportunity to network and meet new connections. Ms. Ware cannot attend so it will be just Rebecca and me. Should be a great learning opportunity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow i thought i was the only one that was able to intern from home... well not all the time but i would have phone conference with like 8 other people while i was still laying in bed.