Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Almost Never Ends

The weekend is almost over, but for me it always seems like the weekend goes on until Thursday. Thursday is my only class that I have on campus. For the past 15 years the weekend ended for me with school on Monday, but now it’s different. Even last quarter school sometimes started on Tuesday, but it was so close to Monday I almost never noticed the difference. Dont get me wrong, I still have a lot of work between all the work its just that it seems like I'm doing it over a long weekend!

I really enjoy my The Changing Family class. It’s really interesting and it brings up topics that people have very strong opinions on. Because of this, our discussions boards can get quite heated! Even though everyone keeps their cool, you can see how closed off people can be to other people’s opinions. When it comes to people’s cultures and ideas, some people are very ethnocentric. This really gives you an overview of how closed people can be in the world.

This week my integrated interview is due. We have to interview someone who is at least two decades older than us and get their views on race, sex, gender and sexuality. I have come up with my questions and already performed half of the interview. From doing so, I realized how different the world really was not too long ago. I never knew things have changed so much.

I am having an overall good experience with my classes so far. The assignments are hard, but fun and entertaining. It can sometimes get overwhelming trying to balance many things but it only makes me stronger.

No comments: