Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reality Hits

Its week 4 and the time is flying by! Yesterday was the first day you can make your schedule and I jumped right at the chance. I noticed that a lot of classes that were online got reserved, and not that many were available. Lucky for me I was able to reserve two for myself including an internship. I decided to take one class online and one on campus. I wanted to take something on campus because I need the connection with people instead of always being cooped up at home.

I really had a reality check yesterday. When I got an e-mail back from an advisor that my schedule has been set and that my degree is now complete it really hit me. For the past 15 years all I have ever known is school and now it will be gone. I have always been under someone’s wing but now it’s time for me to be on my own. It’s sort of scary when I think about it. I have worried such as what if I can’t find a job, or what if things don’t work out, then what. I’m sure everything will be fine, I just worry sometimes. I have never had reality be so close to me until now.

On Friday I am helping with the graduation. It will be held at the old Continental Arena and my job is to carry a sash, and lead the graduating class into the arena. It’s a very important job and I’m very happy I was appointed it. Being there will make it even more of a reality that I will soon be graduating even though it’s not my graduation. I can’t walk graduating until next April. I will have my degree, but I won’t be able to walk. This is because I took advantage of the “Berkeley Advantage” and finished my degree in 3 years instead of 4. Graduations are run every April, but because I finish in September, I can’t walk until next year.

Tomorrow is the Recycle Your Style Day. I can’t wait, it’s very exciting. Ms. Young bought all the equipment necessary and all we have to provide is clothes. It will be nice to see everyone gather together to do things. I will make sure to post my art for your viewing pleasures! ;-)

No comments: