Saturday, May 3, 2008

Time is Going by Fast!

The weather is getting nicer and you can definitely start seeing people spending more time outside. Yesterday I saw people riding bicycles around the campus, 2 weeks ago people were having a balloon water fight and last week people were sitting on the bleachers watching the soccer practice. We are a small campus, but it really brings everyone together.

I cannot believe that it is already week 5 in my internship. This week I have finally completed one of the two commercials. Everyone liked it which made me feel proud. I was also given the task to create an ad for the Minority Business Entrepreneur website which ended up being a very fun assignment. The feedback I get really teaches me how to do things better, what catches a person’s eye and how to design things. I am finally putting all my learning to the real test.

Wednesday was our collage day, which didn’t have as big of a hit as we thought it would. We made posters back at the beginning of the quarter and they were finally put up in the student center. The student center now has much more character to it, and it reflects who we are as the Berkeley student body.

Today is the Habitat for Humanity. I cannot attend it because I have work, but I hope they have a great outcome. Last year it was a lot of fun, and it was nice to know we did something good. This Sunday is the Diversity Stride walk. If you are interested please contact Ms. Young at amy@berkeleycollege.edu. I believe it will be held at the New Jersey State Park, by the Liberty Science Center. It’s a really nice place and it will be worthwhile. I cannot attend that event either because I have already committed to another walk called a Bark in the Park which helps raise money for sheltered animals.

No comments: