Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Assignment

I got my new task for my internship. I was assigned to try and redesign the website for the company because it was getting confusing. The problem is that we offer two main services, and each of them uses a different log in. People have been logging into the wrong log in for each service and it was causing some issues. What I ended up doing is I tried to distinguish the two services on the page. One section was for Verify-ED and one for Verify-crED. When people can see a clear distinction, they can notice the difference. I also suggested putting a label on each log in box so that people clearly know what their logging into.

The Pet Picture Contest was great. We have picked a winner, but they are to be announced on Monday. I have to brag that my dog Blue got 3rd place! Even though we do not have a 3rd place prize, we still get a certificate. It’s better than nothing. Yesterday I had off from work so I was able to deliver all the goodies to the animal shelter. We got cat and dog food, paper towels, bleach, toys, collars, and much more. Everyone there was very grateful and they were happy that we were able to do this for them.



Yesterday I got an IM from Kevin Newell, who is an SGA officer for the Newark campus. He had some questions for me as to how we got our SGA to be so successful, what are our future plans and proposed that we work together on creating an event. I agreed that it would be nice to do things together but also very challenging. It’s hard to get everyone together since everyone runs on a different schedule.

To his issue about getting his SGA successful I told him that every campus has its own student body and character. He has to figure out that the student body needs, and wants to see. He should consider doing surveys like we did with the suggestion box and see the student’s opinions. It’s really amazing what you can learn from other students.

No comments: