Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Busy Week of Events

Today while I was substitute teaching I saw another Berkeley College representative. I went up to her to introduce myself, and she was very friendly and passionate about her job. I saw her making rounds around the seniors and everyone seemed to like her attitude. It’s nice that Berkeley offers assistance to students who are not sure of what to do after high school or are not sure what to go to college for. It can be a very complicated decision.

This week is full of events! On Wednesday we are having the Siete De Mayo event where we will have food, games and a lot of fun. Berkeley is very cultural and we like to celebrate holidays that are important to other cultures. Also on Wednesday after the activity period I have a conference meeting for the strategic planning committee. I made a list of things I want to discuss and bring to the table. On Thursday at 3pm I am scheduled to film for Berkeley’s new commercial and website. I’m not sure what they will need me for yet, but it will be a fun experience. I will bring back pictures!

In my Changing Family class, we are discussing a very fun topic, “Dating”. Sometimes the professors leave the discussion board open and instead of them giving us a certain topic to write about, they give us the opportunity to express anything we want or start our own topic. For our graded assignment for the week we have to explore several dating websites and write about them and what we think about them. Do they work? What are they looking for? How do they make matches? It’s a very interesting topic especially since people have been trying to figure out the formula for love for the longest time!

No comments: