Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Were Back In Business!

Well, the break is over, and it’s time to get back to work! We had 2 weeks off, but it flew by in no time. Over the break I had gotten some e-mails that mentioned Blackboard has been updated and some changes were made to make navigation better for the students. This excited me because I have to take two online classes this quarter!


I have never taken an online class before and I have to admit, at first I was a bit overwhelmed. I logged into blackboard during the break and saw all this reading material! At first I didn’t know where to even begin because I saw so much writing, but I took it step by step. Blackboard allows you to check off what you have read and what you still have to go over. This helped me slow down a little and get things in order. I realized that the main parts of the courses are doing the discussion boards, reading lectures and submitting your papers. I have done all those things before separately, but never all together. I took some time to learn all the navigations I’ve never really used before, now I got the hang of everything. Now I’m excited about doing things at my own convenience!


Today was the first day of classes. I only had one class today so I offered to help the Student Development Department run the Orientation for the incoming students. I like listening to the orientations because things change for the better year by year and I get to hear all the good changes each quarter. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves because Mr. Maher made it very interesting and fun. After the initial talking we got to play some ice breaker games! I love running those and getting to know everyone. I know everyone had fun and the new students will love Berkeley College!

No comments: