Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Club Convention is Tomorrow!

Week two of being back in school is not going too bad. I’ve learned to really like my online classes and my day classes as well. On Tuesdays I have Placement Seminar which is a class that prepares you for your internship. Yesterday was my first class and I was really shocked to find out that I need 600 hours of Internship experience in order to graduate from Berkeley. In case you don’t feel like doing the math, 600 hours equals out to 25 hours per week for two quarters at Berkeley. I am excited about the internship, but worried at the same time. I’m worried that I will not be able to get a paid internship because I need to work in order to maintain my life like many students at Berkeley. Currently my Career Service advisor is away on Jury Duty, so I could not go to him yet to talk about my problem.

Yesterday was our first official meeting for the SGA. Tomorrow is the Club Convention which I am really excited about. We prepared flyers, a suggestion box, and even came up with a new slogan for the club! It goes “SGA, We Listen to What You Say… and Take it All the Way!” I’m really happy to see that we have a really great team on hand. Ms. Young was amazing at helping us come up with ideas and guide us in the right direction. I’m glad to see that Edgar (Vice President) and Travis (Secretary) are very motivated and reliable. Travis took amazing notes during the meeting to make the minutes.

The Leadership Retreat is approaching. I filled out my application and sent it in last week. I’m very excited about the retreat because this is a little closer to home and I know a lot more people than I did last year. I strongly recommend students to apply for the retreat. You get to learn new things, meet so many amazing people and make memories you will never forget.

No comments: