Saturday, January 19, 2008

Another Dose of Berkeley

Ready for another dose of Berkeley? I hope so because as of Tuesday, January 22nd registration for spring classes begins. On Tuesday you can only schedule your online classes as well as night classes. Registration for day classes will come at a later date. Because I’ll be doing an internship next quarter, I’m going to try to jump into doing two online classes and maybe one in school class. If I do this, it will be easier on me to make time for my internship. I am hoping to get a paid internship, but if it so happens that I can’t, I will still be able to work and do my internship at the same time.

As I do more for my online classes, I am starting to like them more and more. One very beneficial thing I noticed is that you can do your work ahead of time. For example next week I have to leave early in the week to help someone move. I won’t have time to do my work during the week because of my prior commitments but because I can submit all my work early, I will do everything this weekend. This way I am free the rest of the week and my work will be all done!

The Leadership Retreat is coming fast. I can tell the buzz around campus is going on and people are becoming interested in participating next year. Last year we went to Baltimore, MD and this year were staying local (Princeton, NJ). I heard everything has changed from last year and were going to have all different activities going on. I’m really interested in the karaoke night I have been hearing about. The hotel has an indoor pool as well as a gym that students will be able to use during their 3 day stay at the hotel. I can’t wait! I will bring back great pictures.

No comments: