Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Parking Lot Making Me Happy

Yesterday was our second meeting for the SGA, and the first meeting where students were able to join us. We had two new members and two members who couldn’t make it to the meeting. We’re growing slow but it’s important that we get things done. We talked about things such as student concerns, activities we are planning and how we can run them. The next activity we have planned is called Winter Warm-up. We will have hot chocolate, coffee and tea. This event’s purpose is to try and get more members as well as for students to get to know each other. It should be very fun and exciting to meet new students. Our next meeting is on Tuesday at 3:30pm in the multimedia room. Everyone is welcome!

Today I parked on the new parking lot for the first time. It looks so nice! I love that they have new sidewalks and little pathways leading to the campus. It’s at a great location where you’re close to all the buildings and don’t really have to walk far. It’s my new favorite parking spot.

This past weekend I went to a place called “Grounds for Sculpture.” This is a beautiful park with many sculptures and art from a large variety of artists. I wanted to go to this park because right now I am taking a class called Arts in the Contemporary Society. I took a ton of pictures, made a slide presentation and applied the experience to my classroom activities. I ended up posting the presentation on my class homepage for the students in my class. I thought it would be nice to share my experience with them. I hope they liked it!

No comments: