Thursday, January 24, 2008

Coldness Does Not End!

The weather has been cold, and I don’t see the end of it any time soon. I hate the cold weather! One advantage of the new parking lot at Berkeley is the how close it is to all the buildings. This way I don’t have to spend a lot of time walking outside to get to class. I love it!

Today I took my first online test for my New Product Development class. It’s that time in the quarter where all the professors start giving tests, so it feels like a bunch of work is piling up all at once. It’s not so bad as long as you stay organized and on top of things. I like that when we have a test online, the professor does not assign any other work for that week. It allows you to concentrate on your test and get a good review in.

Yesterday I made my schedule for the spring. I tried to make it as soon as possible because online and night classes fill up FAST! This is because online and night classes go up first so that you can schedule those and then the day classes go up after. I ended up taking one night class and two online classes. With an internship, I wanted to get online classes so that I can still work my regular job in case I can’t get a paid internship. I like to be prepared! When I got my e-mail that I can schedule my online and night classes there was a little attachment saying that now we can schedule our classes through e-mail. Advisement then gets back to you and tells you what you need to do and what kind of classes you need to take. With the large number of additional students on the campus this definitely helps with scheduling for classes and not having to wait on line.

On Tuesday we had another SGA meeting with all the members. Some people were not able to make it but we still managed to get a lot accomplished. The plan was for Advisement to join us this meeting but unfortunately they could not. I suspected that they might not be able to make it because I didn’t hear any response since the meeting 2 weeks ago. We came up with some comments and suggestions for them to discuss at the meeting, but maybe we can just e-mail our ideas to them instead. We really want to involve the student body in our meetings, so we’re trying to come up with different ways to get them involved. We even made a MySpace account for the SGA! I would strongly recommend joining our meetings and getting your ideas out there!

No comments: