Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Donations and the Holiday Spirit

Having a break is lovely, but having nothing to do drives me nuts! Berkeley College is having a fundraiser where they are collecting new and used toys. These toys will go to kids in the local area as their holiday presents. This was a great opportunity to clean out my spare closet of all the stuff I never use. I donated about 15 computer games, journals, board games, and 2 HUGE bears!

My day started off with trying to get my car out of the snow and ice which took me about 40 min. It was totally stuck, my dad eventually had to come back home and pull my car out. Because I shoved the 2 huge bears in the back seat and the rest of the stuff in the front, my dad thought I was crazy. He said “What, you need two friends to ride with you in the back?” Check out my new friends!

animals


When I got to the campus it was so empty because everyone is on a break. One thing I noticed was the wonderful pine smell. Berkeley College is located on top of a mountain surrounded by trees of all kinds. Smelling the pines and seeing the snow really put me in the holiday spirit which made me feel even better about donating all these toys.

No comments: