Saturday, December 15, 2007

In With the New

Starting with the new quarter, there is some changes coming along in my life as well. As of January, I am no longer only the president of the International Business Club, but the president of the Student Government Association (SGA) at the Garret Mountain Campus. I decided to do this because I really like to be involved and know what going on where. By holding this position I can organize events, look over other clubs, and be involved with not only one club, but all!

With this position comes a lot of responsibility. Not only am I going to represent Berkeley College, but the student body as well. Its important to be available for events such as Club Convention each quarter, as well as meetings. The SGA meetings will be help every Tuesday at 3:30. If you are interested to join, feel free to show up any time! We have a great Vice President named Edgar and our reliable secretary Travis. We hope to have a fun, eventful quarter.

On Wednesday Ms. Young, Travis, the former SGA president, Edgar who was conference in, and myself had a meeting to make specific arrangements. We talked about what the SGA expects from the new members as well as what Student Development at Berkeley expects from us. It was important to go over rules and steps we need to take in order to be a successful organization.

There is a lot of planning and organizing to do, but for right now I’m going to relax and enjoy me two weeks off on my break! Enjoy!!!

No comments: