Thursday, March 1, 2007

Almost over!

Last day of classes for me this week! Yesterday we had our meeting for the International Business Club to make the final decisions for the International Food Day event. Pulling everything together is a lot harder than I expected it to be. Doing this project though is giving me a good experience in what it is like to be a manager.

I have been trying to work on some activities to do next quarter with the club. One of the ideas is to possibly have a clothing drive with the warm days approaching. Everyone starts taking out their summer and spring clothing out of the closets after the winter months have passed, and usually find a bunch of clothing that they know they will never wear! I am one of those people myself, and I hate seeing clothing go to waste. I have done some research for non profit organizations around my area and now have some locations in mind.

I spoke to someone who is very involved in volunteering and doing a lot of activities for non profit organizations to get some tips and ideas. I was told that it’s good to call the shelter before doing the drive to get an idea of what the shelter is in need of. For example, they may have an abundance of shirts but may be in need of pants. In this case you would try to get as many pants as you can.

On Wednesday we also had a Jazz band play during our activity period. I’m not sure if I remember their name, but it was quite interesting. I love watching bands play live and seeing their talent. They played all types of different songs, even some we were able to sing along to. I stayed for the show until had to go to class.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For some reason, with all the classes coming to an end and the quarter being almost over, I can’t find any motivation to do anything. I have some papers to do, and research to catch up on, but its just not working! I think I’ll make the Presidents list this quarter if everything goes well. At Berkeley you make the presidents list when you have all A’s and the Deans list when you have all A’s and B’s. I just have to make sure that my Organizational Behavior test goes well and I get a good grade on the final paper, a 5 page essay on a subject of my choice.

It looks like we have some interesting events coming up at Berkeley. When you are a student here you have access to a thing called Blackboard, a website where you can check your assignments, upcoming events, view your grades, take care of students accounts and much more. I love reading the upcoming events so that I can mark my calendar. One thing that caught my eye was the student versus faculty volleyball game. I may consider participating in that! It’s important to get to know your professors and staff, so this will be a good way to network. As also it will be a great opportunity to kick their butt in some friendly competition!

No comments: