Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tying the ends.

It’s finally Sunday, and my weekend is slowly coming to an end. We had another snow storm from Friday thru Saturday, so I had somewhat of an extended weekend. During this time I had a chance to work on my assignments that I have to do for my finals. My mission for this weekend was to finish a final exam packet for Business Ethics, type up a case study, figure out a problem for International Business, as well as review some formulas for my math class.

I had my final test for Organizational Behavior on Thursday. I was nervous about taking it because I didn’t spend as much time studying for it as I would have liked to. However, in the end, I didn’t do too badly on it. Berkeley College has a link on Blackboard where you can check your grades at any time to see how you’re doing in your classes. This is the only reason I know my grade already, because as of Thursday I’m done with that class so I no longer have to go back. At the end of the class the professor gave each student a book that she participated in writing.

I’ve spoken previously about the International Business Club and its faults. Going forward, I’m hoping to make some changes to things to help the club be more successful in its efforts. Thursday I got lucky when I ran into Mr.Maher who works in Student Development. I was able to talk to Mr.Maher about the current International Business Club president. I was very upset with him for not showing up to our last meeting on Wednesday and for abandoning the club. I spoke to him about the issues that the club has been having, hoping that we can come up with a solution to help the club be successful.

Mr.Maher then told me that next quarter he’s no longer interested in being the president because he’ll be switching jobs and his class schedule will interfere with him being an officer. I was actually kind of glad to hear that because he really hurt the club this quarter.

It’s too late to do anything else this quarter, but hopefully we can get more members to join next quarter during club orientation day. On that day, all the clubs get together in the Student Center to recruit students. I’ll be the president of the club for next quarter, so I’m planning to sit down with the new members and hear their opinions of what they think would be good activities for us to do. I believe that getting all the members involved in coming up with ideas and organizing things will make them feel more involved in the club.

I already have some ideas on what we should do for next quarter’s activities. Mr.Maher even offered to sit in on our first few meetings to help us create good ideas and help us lift the club off the ground. I am very excited about the new events we’ll be organizing and I’ll keep everyone updated on the progress!

1 comment:

Ace said...

Wow i cannot believe that you FORCED Mr. Maher out of his presidency. lolol just kidding. But seriously, it is true. If there are changes needed to be done in the school, then they SHOULD be done, not left alone. Finally, they placed someone with some knowledge on the website.