Monday, March 5, 2007

Running out of time!

I am starting to get quite agitated and nervous because time is running out! With the International Food Day just two days away, I hope that everything works out well. Some members were in charge of putting up signs around the school about the event, but I have yet to see a single sign up! This is bad news because people will not know that the event is going on and we will lose money on the project. As I mentioned earlier, this event is very important to us because we have lost some members already and this is a way to show them that we can still pull through.

Not only is the International Food Day not announced yet, on Wednesday, the day of the event, it’s going to snow! This can either mean two things. One, we will have no school or a delayed opening and all our hard work will be for nothing, or two, we will have school and everyone will be forced to come inside because of the snow right where the good food will be and buy our food.

Tomorrow is going to be quite a hectic day for me. I have to run around to all sorts of stores trying to get things for the event since we do not have that many members. I am in charge of the hot dogs, seasoned rice, and today I found out that I need to get tray stands too so that we can heat up the food. The member who was in charge of that found out that he does not have any at home so it ends up that I have to get some. After I get all that stuff, I need to cook! The cooking part will hopefully be fun since I do enjoy cooking. I don’t think that I have ever cooked in those amounts though!

I never knew being in charge was this much responsibility! It is my goal to make this event successful. I will go to someone tomorrow to find out about the signs and why they are not posted. Even though it may be a little late at this point, a day notice about the event is better than no notice at all!

Wish me luck!

No comments: