Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pulling it together...

Well, it’s now week nine of my winter quarter, and classes are slowly starting to tie things up. In some of my classes we have spoken about final exams, and what is expected of us. In my organizational behavior class I have to write a five page paper about a topic of my choice. I’m not exactly sure what I am going to write about just yet. The book has a lot of topics to choose from but it’s hard to choose something that pertains to you and your experiences. My international business teacher gave us an outline of what we have to submit towards the end of the class and what case studies are due. In business ethics the teacher is very lenient and gave us all the work that will be due at the end of the term and we have all quarter to do all the work. I enjoy that setup because I can work on case studies on my free time when I have a chance rather than having to cram it into my week when it’s very busy.

Today I handed in my paperwork to sign up for Sigma Beta Delta, also known as the International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration. There will be an award ceremony on April 11th, and we are able to bring as many guests as we want. I think I’m only going to bring three, my dad, mom, and uncle. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I’m originally from Poland and most of my family still lives there so I don’t have too many family members in this area. I think being part of this club will be a great experience, look good on my resume, and provide motivation to maintain a 3.5+ GPA, which is necessary to stay in the club.

After I handed in my application for the club, I had to go settle my financial aid for the year and fill out a new FASFA application. I don’t know about many people, but I hate doing those! I always have a hard time getting on the website, trying to figure out all the numbers and where they go, and then worrying if I did it right. Luckily, Berkeley College has a very helpful staff in the financial aid department that did it all for me! I went in, handed in my tax information, and BAM, I am now done with it. I had the same problem last year but definitely stressed about it a lot more than this year. The good thing is that Berkeley College is a small campus and the lines are not too long to get things done. When I speak to my friends about them getting administrative things done with bigger colleges and universities they tell me how it took them hours to stand on lines and wait for help. After waiting on those long lines, they felt as though they still didn’t accomplish anything. I would not of had the patience to do that!

Today is my day off from work so I will have time to catch up on some homework and work for the International Business Club. Since the International Food Day is approaching, I told the members that I will bring aluminum pans for everything so they know how much food they should actually bring. It will be interesting walking around school with 4 pans in my hand, maybe nobody will notice. I really want this day to work out because it means a lot to the International Business Club.

After the club meeting I saw a post on the Berkeley College website about a Jazz player being there for the activity period in honor of Black History Month. I hope they have a good outcome because that sounds really interesting. Well, it’s time for me to go to my Organizational Behavior class and take an exam. Till next time!

1 comment:

Saneeta Renee said...

Hey I really enjoy your blog. I am also a Berkeley student starting April for fashion. I have a fashion blog it would be awesome if you check it out.

chicinspector.blogspot.com