Thursday, February 22, 2007

Getting things done.

Well, it is the end of classes for me this week. I have classes from Monday to Thursday. Currently my classes consist of International Business, Organizational Behavior, Mathematics II, and Business Ethics. The classes aren’t overwhelming, but still a lot of work. About a week ago I finally made my spring quarter schedule. Berkeley has very flexible scheduling available to the students which helps a lot with my work and other activities that I am involved with. You can mix night classes, day classes, online classes, as well as classes from different campuses all together. I decided to go with two day classes and two night classes because it worked in well with my schedule. I was thinking of taking an online class but by the time I took the test that you need to pass prior to taking an online class, all the classes were already filled. In the spring I’m going to have to make sure that I get it done sooner.

In a couple of weeks I will be taking a language test to be exempt from some of my liberal arts electives. Since I am bilingual I can take the test and gain up to twelve credits. Twelve credits are like a whole quarter squeezed into one test! It’s going to be very beneficial to me since I did switch majors and I need to catch up on some credits. I switched at a time where I didn’t lose much credits but at the same time my previous requirements turned into electives. Due to that, I now have to make sure that I take all of my current required courses. Since I will be taking the test at my school, I needed someone to write a letter for me on the schools letterhead. The Academic Support Center was very good at making sure I had the letter done and that it was done quickly. I was impressed! Hopefully I will be able to send the paperwork out next week.

The International Business Club is planning to have an event called the International Food Day. This event is about students making food from different countries and serving it during the lunch hours. Since Berkeley College is so diverse, this will bring everyone together to share food and customs of different nations. We had a meeting on Wednesday during our activity period and we spoke about some issues that have come up. One of the major issues was that some members were not showing up to the meetings and we could not speak to them about the event. We were on the border of canceling the event, but came to the conclusion that it is best to keep it for two reasons. The first reason to keep the event is because other students will see that we are a club that does not give up as well as that we are determined. The second reason is that by having the event we may bring some members into the club if they like our activities. It’s a chance we have to take and we are willing to take it.

This weekend is going to be filled with schoolwork for me. I need to catch up on some work, as well as study for a test in Organizational Behavior. This is week eight and soon it will be time for finals. Professors are very creative and lenient when it comes to finals so classes are fun and not so stressful. Instead of having your typical test exam, we can get creative with presentations, projects, essays about topics of our choice as well as express many other creative ideas. This can be challenging but fun at the same time!

Well, I am off to studying!

No comments: