Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tying the Ends

On Friday we have concluded out presidential interviews for Berkeley College, and the choices were tough. The four individuals were all very different but all had a great potential. There are two candidates that stuck out in my mind. I really can’t wait to find out who got the job!

Last week I was having some issued with financial aid, and their still pending to be figured out. I have not yet done my taxes, but I have filled out my FAFSA’s online. The reason I have done that is because when filling them out, you have an option of choosing Will File/Will Not File/Filed when it came to your taxes. I have filled them out based on all my W2’s but come to find out that the school will not take those FAFSA’s. You have to have your taxes done, bring them to school, and THEN they will be accepted. I am working on all that this week. Now I will know for next time.

My other confusion was that you have until April 15th to fill out your FAFSA’s, but you school bill for the spring is due March 28th. Obviously these deadlines don’t match so I had a question that I e-mailed to financial aid. My question was since I have until April 15th to do all my FAFSA’s, could I pay my bill for the spring out of pocket and if I get any financial aid (TAG) will I get refunded the money that I paid out of pocket. I sent my e-mail to finaidgm@berkeleycollege.edu on Wednesday but I have not heard any news back yet. Since tomorrow is already Monday and the deadline is getting close I will have to call them and find out the details.
This is the last week of school and its finals week. I’m trying to get everything done between my final papers, financial aid, internship etc because I am going away for a week at the end of March. Hopefully everything works out well!

No comments: