Monday, March 17, 2008

Something New, Something Old

Great news! This morning I got a response back from financial aid and if you pay out of pocket for your school bill, and then get financial aid you will get refunded what you paid. This makes things a little easier for me knowing that.

Today I took my last test for my online class. I must say the test was a little challenging, but if you read the materials it wasn’t all that difficult. Sometimes answers can be tricky because more than one answer is possible, but lucky for us the test is open book!

I have to gather pictures for SGA. Starting the new quarter we will make collages out of all the events that we have. This way we can decorate the student center and make it more welcoming. Incoming students will have an overview what Berkeley is about and the kind of activities that we run. I enjoy doing arts and crafts as do other SGA members. It will be a great way to bring us together and enjoy each other’s company.

I have not talked about the bulletin board in a while. Well, despite it being just a bulletin board surprisingly it’s a lot more. There were controversies that were raised, some people had issues with it, and others loved it and so on. To me, it’s still just a bulletin board. The original plan was to make the new bulletin board exclusively for Student Development. Last week Dean Hughes approached me because a staff member asked him if they could use a piece of the board for other announcements. He didn’t want to make a decision on his own so he asked the SGA what we thought about it.

When I was approached about it we came to a great agreement that ¼ of the bulletin board will be shared with others, and ¾ will belong to Student Development. I wanted to share the board because some people that may have objected to it will now be interested in using it. This way they will see our point of view and see the benefit of it. I think its passing on a great message across. This message is that you should hear what others have to say to determine the needs for something. Don’t make assumptions because something has never been done before so it may not need to be done now. Adaptation is key to success.

No comments: