Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day Full of Events

Today was such an exciting day! Several students and I have been selected to participate in selecting a President for Berkeley College. Today was the day that we interviewed two of the candidates, which was really exciting. I have never done anything like this and it was a very fun experience.

We met at 9am and went to the interview at 9:15. The candidate was not actually with us, but we were linked through a teleconference. We had a TV, camera and a speaker and it felt like we were really there when we really were not. Both candidates sounded great, and we tried our best to give an honest opinion about how we feel they would fit into the Berkeley family. Tomorrow we have two more interviews and then the decision will be made who will be chosen. I’m glad Berkeley considers our opinion as students.

Since we had a break between the two interviews I was able to make it to the Chillax Day activity. It was so much fun! We had free food, drinks and even a masseuse!!! That’s right, we all got free massages. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. Nancy and I helped Ms. Young set up so that she could take care of other things. People were painting picture frames, door tags, and much more. We had music, card games and different discussion going on as well. We had a great outcome, but I hope next time even more students join us!

Check out the pictures?

No comments: