Sunday, March 30, 2008

Back to Business

Spring break is officially over in 4 hours. I went to Vermont for a week, and it was nice to breathe in some fresh air! Many things were closed because this was the last week of the season, but we got a lot done. We went skiing, visited museums, hiked on trails and enjoyed the beautiful mountains. I would highly recommend visiting Vermont.

Despite this week being my spring break, it seemed like it was just as busy as if I was in school. I received many e-mail from different people in school. I was somewhat expecting this, so I brought my laptop with me on my spring break. I didn’t want to fall behind, so on my off time I tried to respond to as many e-mails as I could.

My last quarter ended pretty well, and like I wrote in my last blog I enjoyed all the classes I had. In my Arts in the Contemporary Society class I was positive I was going to get an A, but instead I got a B+. This really confused me because I got an 88 out of 96 possible points. I e-mailed the professor about the issue because I also did two extra credit assignments which were worth 2 points and were not applied to the grade. This brought my grade to 90 out of 96, but I still had a B+. The explanation that I got from the professor was that I got a B on my research project and because of that my grade is a B+. She also mentioned that my 2 extra credit points were added to another assignment which brought the grade up to an A but it didn’t change anything in my grade. The professor was very good at answering quickly, but I still don’t get it. I just let it go.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with Ms. Ware, which is my internship employee. She is very friendly, and I can’t wait to have lunch tomorrow. We are meeting in a diner around the school, and Tuesday I’m meeting her other partner in NYC. They are launching a new service, and we are meeting to discuss the deliverables and what is expected of me.

In addition to me being there, there is another intern position that she opened up. The internship was given to a student named Rebecca. I talked to her on the phone, and she sounds very nice. I like the fact that we will be in this together and we can bounce ideas off of each other.

This week is going to be very busy and tiring. I enjoyed my break, but now it’s back to business.

No comments: