Friday, March 7, 2008

Internship is Out of the Way

I am very excited to say that I now have an internship! I had my second interview on Wednesday with Ms. Hinds-Ware who is a partner in the company Verify-ED. Our second interview was over Yahoo Instant Messenger which I thought was very cool! I like it when people use to modern technology to accomplish duties. The best part of the position is that its 100% telecommuting, and I don’t actually have to travel anywhere except for certain events. Ms. Hinds-Ware said that she will open another internship opportunity so that I can have help with research. This is a great opportunity.


I noticed that Berkeley started a new form of advertising. People are now coming into our classrooms during class and making announcements. Last week it was an announcement about dropping out of classes, and this week we got one about some walk or event going on. My Microeconomics teacher was a bit confused because he was never asked to do any event announcements. We never ended up getting the announcement after all, but I did read some of the paper that was brought into the class. Not getting the announcement might have been a good thing, because we were running short on time for our lesson anyway.


Yesterday I had a meeting with the Berkeley Interim President. We met at 10:45am to have a small discussion with Dean Hughes, and at 11am we headed to the Knupel Hall. There we waited for the President, and when she arrived she was very friendly and down to earth. We talked about what to expect from the Middle States review, and what are some of the possible questions they may ask us. She made it very clear to us that we should tell the truth, express how we feel and be ourselves. I can’t wait!

No comments: