Thursday, November 29, 2007

Space for Posters

Only few more weeks until finals week and the crunch begins all over again! In most of my classes we have already started presenting our final projects and handing in our final papers. Professors are being really nice and if you did not do too well on your projects, they let you resubmit. I like that they do that because if you did not understand something, you have the chance to correct it.

The Ms. Berkeley International Pageant is moving along great! I have met with Ms. Young and we have finalized the posters that will go up. Since I have 4 days off I have been working on them so that I can post them around campus on Monday. Ms. Young and I set up a meeting yesterday at 10am to prepare the application. We decided to put the application online so that its easier to submit it, and nothing gets lost. Here is a sample poster:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I know I’m allowed to post things in the Student Center but that’s it! I have to go around asking professors to see if I could possibly post something on their office doors, in the ASC center etc. Majority of students barely go into the Student Center so the word really doesn’t get around.

I think a good idea would be for the school to designate space for students to post things. For example, maybe at the entrance of the main building give us a large cork/poster board where we can post flyers for school events, books for sale etc. Students try to get away with posting things in the bathrooms and classrooms but then they just get ripped off. When I first started going to Berkeley, students used to put things on the cafeteria tables and it used to stay there for several days. Now it just all gets thrown out. I think this could be a good idea to bring up to someone’s attention. I cant wait to put up my posters!

No comments: