Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Schedule is Done!

So I was finally able to get my schedule done. On Monday morning I went to the advisement department and luckily for me no other students were there, which is surprising for a Monday morning. Mr. Van Der Beek was very helpful and got my schedule all figured out. My course selection for next quarter doesn’t fit my schedule as well as I would like it to, but in order to take all the classes I need to take, it has to stay this way.

The only problem I really have is on Tuesday because I need to take Placement Seminar in order to have my internship in the spring. Due to this requirement, I have Placement Seminar at 2:25-3:15 (or around that time) and then I have to wait around for my next class which isn’t until 6pm. I can’t go home because of major traffic on Route 23, and by the time I would get home I would have to leave to come back to school. Placement Seminar is a very popular class, so I think they should offer it at more times. The first day that classes were available to book, Placement Seminar was already booked up!

Since Placement Seminar is only one credit, I need to take additional classes in order to not be stuck at the end with a bunch of classes before graduation. I had to take an online class because there was nothing that I could even take during the day that I haven’t already taken. I heard some students have to commute to a different campus just to take one class which I would hate to have to do. Especially commuting to the NYC campus with all these toll hikes that will be going on!

So my full schedule includes only one class on Monday and Wednesday because I couldn’t get another Liberal Arts elective in there, Tuesday a class around 2pm and another class that isn’t until 6pm, an online class, and finally a class on Thursday at 6pm. At least the classes I’m taking sound interesting and fun.

No comments: