Sunday, November 25, 2007

Turkey Day Break is Over

I hope everyone had a wonderful turkey day! It was great having 4 days off in a row and being able to relax a bit. Luckily, none of my professors gave me huge assignments that would force me to work the entire vacation. I didn’t go to my Intercultural Communication last week because I was not feeling well after getting the flu shot, and we were only watching a movie. I hope my professor can catch me up with whatever else I missed.

In my Business Policy and Strategy class, we almost got everything done. We handed in our final papers, got our participation grades, and received our final test. Since the whole class didn’t do too well on the only two tests we had, an additional third test is optional. It’s nice of the professor to give us a chance to bring up our grades. My final grade ended up being a B but I’m still undecided if I will take the extra test.

In my Market research class, the professor gives us an online test every week. There are positives and negatives to taking online tests depending on what setting the professor chooses. Sometimes you have multiple attempts at the test, and sometimes it’s a one-time deal. It’s good because you can take it in the comfort of your own home, but the downside is that you have no professor to ask a question if you have one.

Two weeks ago I was having a major issue with my online test. The test is setup so that you can only take a test once, cannot go back to any question nor can you get back to the test. Not to mention it’s timed and you only have one hour to take it! Anyway, halfway through my test, Blackboard stopped working and locked me out of the test! I called the professor at her house, the office and I sent her an e-mail but she did not get any of my messages until after class began and the test timed out. I was so mad because my grade turned out low since I never finished the test! The professor did not give me a chance to take the test over, but she did offer to put an extra test online that will be considered extra credit. Hopefully I won’t get locked out on this test!

No comments: