Friday, November 2, 2007

Getting Ready for the Career Fair

The Week is slowly coming to an end. Today I’m substitute teaching at my old high school so I will have time to work on finishing up my paper on the people I observed at Borders. Last week in my Market Research class only 3 out of 6 people showed up to class so the professor just went over the project and let us go home. I found out from another person in the class that she was very upset at the 3 students that did not show up and is requiring them to write apology letters of why they did not come to class. I’m not really sure what to think of that. I mean yes, they should have came to class but at the same time they are paying for the class so it should be their choice if they want to come or not. There are only 6 students in a class so when only 3 students show up it doesn’t seem like a lot, but technically that is half the class.

I finally decided on what classes I want to take next quarter. I came to school an hour early to make my schedule but there were about 11 students waiting to do the same thing I was and only one advisor was working! There is not much earlier that I can come to school to wait in line, but I knew that I was not getting it done on Tuesday.

When I went to class the teacher was having some technical difficulties with the computer and the IT guy came to help her, so that bought me some time to sneak away and try to make my schedule. When I went down there again the advisor was still with someone and a woman from another office came out and told me I can put my chosen classes in an advisors mailbox and they will e-mail me if there are any problems. I thought to myself cool, I don’t have to stand in line! Then I realized, she will e-mail me if there are any problems but I won’t know if my schedule got done unless I clear financial aid, etc. in order to see my classes. Well, needless to say I still haven’t heard from them. So I will have to wait on the line today to double check that my classes got reserved for me. Hopefully I won’t lose out on a class I want to take because my schedule didn’t get done.

On Friday there is a career fair! My friend Pam is coming over my house early in the morning so that only one of us has to drive to the hotel where the event is taking place. I’ve gotten repeated e-mails about the event which is a good reminder. I hope to see many people there! Oh yea, if you’re part of the few first people there, you get a free flash drive! Woo Hoo!

No comments: