Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ms. Berkeley International Pageant

I have been really busy with my classes, but I’m never too busy to be creative and come up with ideas for the International Business Club. I have not been able to run the International Business Club for this whole quarter because activity period changed from Wednesday to Thursday which messed up my whole schedule. Luckily, Alex, the vice president has been great with running it and helping me out. She organized a trip to the United nations that will take place on November 30th! I will not be unable to go, but I hope it has a great outcome.

I have come up with an event called Ms. Berkeley International that will be taking place around February. It will be a pageant, where judges will pick a student to be Ms. Berkeley International. This event is still in process of many changes so I do not want to give out too many details just yet.

I wanted to do this so that we can have a fun event and educate students at the same time. The event will include interview, evening wear, fun wear, and presentation of one’s culture. The presentations can include anything representing someone’s culture such as a presentation of ethnic foods, a cultural dance or anything that they feel is appropriate.

I am going to be contacting the fashion club as well as the music club to see if they would like to participate. Maybe the fashion club will want to help our contestants get dressed, advise them in fashion, or even contact a local dress store to see if they would like to donate dresses to help us out. The music club will be very helpful if they can provide us with music entertainment for our intermission as well as music throughout the show.

This event will be taking place around February towards the end of the winter quarter. It will be fun to involve other clubs and work together to get something achieved. Everyone has been very helpful in helping me come up with different ideas, the budget, prizes etc. Ms. Young and Mr. Maher were very welcoming and sat with me one on one to work on the event. I will keep everyone updated on the process and details as I found out more. I hope it’s a great outcome and everyone enjoys the show!

No comments: