Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mid terms already?!?!

Mid terms already? That’s right! It’s that time again to prepare and cram as much as we can. I feel like I have just started the summer quarter and now it’s almost half way over. This week is going by pretty slowly. Last week I had to skip one of my classes because my grandmother came to the USA from Poland. It was my Graphical Business Presentation class, and I had to e-mail my professor. She was so understanding, and e-mailed me all the information I need to catch up on my work. I was surprised she was nice enough to do that, because the information is also posted online on Blackboard.

Last Thursday was very exciting too. Berkeley College asked me to do a commercial for the school. I believe the commercial will be posted online on the Berkeley College website, so look out for it! We got to go all around the campus and speak about the different classrooms, classes, and services the Garret Mountain Campus has to offer. I was shocked at how many takes some parts took to get through, but it was really fun. I got to meet some great people and working together was really fun. Around noon we took a break and had lunch all together. I never really saw what the dorms at the Garret Mountain look like, and I was pleasantly surprised. I wish I could live on campus but I only live about 30 minutes away from the school.

The other day I was walking by the library, and I noticed that Berkeley College started a new thing where they give away free newspapers at the library. Even though it’s such a small thing, it really made me happy that I don’t have to go out of my way to look for the paper. The paper that they are offering is The Record and The Herald News. I like reading about things that are happening locally, and seeing what is new in the world.

Because of the summer time the International Business Club is somewhat suffering. Many students have left school, some have work, and some members don’t come because the weather is nice. I spoke to Mr. Maher about the problem, and he said he is not surprised and that this happens every summer. He advised me that on August 15th there will be a club convention again for the upcoming freshmen. It’s on a Wednesday and its being held at the same time as activity period is. I hope to meet some new people and hopefully get many new members into the club. I may change the fliers we have into brochures. This way it may be easier for students to keep them around and not lose them. In addition when Alex and I get together, hopefully we can also come up with new activities that the club can do.

Well, it is time for me to get ready for bed! I have a busy day of going to Mountain Creek, then class and then possibly out with friends afterwards. This is why I love having night classes! I can do whatever I want during the day AND get to class!

No comments: