Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Changes

Wow, it’s so close to the end of the quarter. The closer to the end I get, the closer to my vacation I get! I’m in my Forensic Science class. Today the CSI sketch is due which is where we pretend to be a CSI and we make our own sketch of a crime scene. I handed in my paper about 2 weeks ago, and I got a 99 even though it wasn’t due till today. Right now, the professor is going over the exam that we will have next Monday. It’s nice of her to do a whole review for the test so we all know what to expect. She’s pretty much giving answers to the test if you know how to take proper notes. Oh, and did I mention that the test is open book AND open notebook? How can you fail?

The fall is going to be so busy for me, that I’m actually kind of dreading it. I already saw a career fair being advertised around campus that I should really attend to. I wish there were more events going on during the weekends instead of Fridays. I as well as some other students have other responsibilities such as work during the week day so it’s hard to attend activities to Six Flags, Mountain Creek, etc. I’m not even exactly sure why activities are usually only on Fridays.

I mentioned in my previous blog, I was interested in doing shadowing of an event planner to learn what work is like for that career. I went to the career services office and spoke to one of the advisors. The advisor for the Marketing Dept was out of his office, but another advisor was very helpful. I told him what I was interested in and he came up with different people and ideas of what/where I could do the shadowing. Within a day or two I got a call back from him which was very nice. In the end, I came to the conclusion that the place the shadowing would take place is a little far from me, and I just do not have time to travel that far to do the shadowing. Maybe in another quarter I’ll consider doing it again.

Their changing the activity period! Freshmen now have Wednesdays off and classes on Fridays, so they’re moving the activity period to Thursday. This change messed up my whole schedule and I wish I knew about the change when I made my schedule for the fall. I found out when I went to Mr. Maher to have him approve my brochure for the International Business Club. I didn’t see any forms by the library to prepare my schedule with (this form shows when the activity period is), the advisor didn’t tell me about the change, and they haven’t changed it in such a long time, I had no idea. I’m not sure how this will affect my participation in the International Business Club because on Thursday I have night classes. I originally planned on maybe running the club at 3:30 on Thursdays but most students are already gone at that time. I can’t come to school during activity period because I do substitute teaching, so I will be busy during the day until 2:35. I’m going to have to talk to Mr. Maher about what I can do to hopefully work around this.

No comments: