Friday, August 17, 2007

Confusion

Freshman Fest was so much fun. Right before the event I had to leave class a little early to go print out brochures and get make copies. Then when I got outside I saw Mr. Maher and asked him to make the copies for me. Next I searched for the table that was set up for the International Business Club. I was so glad that the tables were set up in the shade! Activity period started at 11am, but students didn’t actually start to arrive until about 11:30ish. Many students had to go back to class at 12, so many new students didn’t have a chance to learn about different clubs if they arrived after 12. I had to leave because I had to go to work, but I’m sure I will be able to meet more new students during orientation.

There seems to be a lot of confusion going on around Berkeley about the Berkeley Blue Card. I got a comment on one of my blogs that somewhat explained the card better to me. I read that the card is not a credit card and it does not affect your credit score. The confusion is most likely caused by the MasterCard logo on the card because that logo is typically associated with credit cards. I got a call earlier today informing me that I can call a number to learn more about the card. I called and left a message earlier, but I did not hear back from anyone yet. As soon as I hear something I will post the information that I have found out.

No comments: