Wednesday, April 4, 2007

New Classes

So it ended up that I was not able to do the commercial, because on Monday I got a chicken pox vaccine and came down with some of the symptoms. It would have been a fun experience, but I did not feel comfortable to do the recording while feeling the way I did. Hopefully one day I will have another opportunity to do something like that.

I am finally back in school now. I’m glad too, because sitting at home was really starting to get to me. I got to meet three of my professors for this quarter, and still have one left to meet. I will get the chance to meet him tomorrow in my night class. I have never taken a night class before, but now that I have, I really like them! The parking lots are not crowded, no traffic on the way home, and I have all day to do whatever I please. This is going to be very convenient in the summer time when it’s going to be time to go to the beach or on day trips.

My Abnormal Psychology class is very interesting. I have been looking forward to it because I have had the same professor before, and he makes the lectures really fun by filling it with interesting facts. Today he talked about where the word lunatic came from. It originated back in the day when people believed in witches, and did rituals to cure them of the daemons. Since many sorts of magic were believed to be connected to the moon, which is also known as a lunar, the witches were considered to be “lunatics”. This class is at 8am, so its takes a lot to keep me up and the interesting discussions help to do that.

In addition to Abnormal Psychology, I also have College Algebra on Monday and Wednesday. Considering I hate math, this professor is very good at explaining the problems and making things understandable. She is also an online teacher, so she is able to provide the students with power point presentations and online presentations of the work. Since I am not too good at math, I’m glad that Berkeley College offers free tutoring for the students. This gives a little relief knowing that in case I fall behind or don’t understand something, my professor is there to help me as well as tutors that are available almost every day.

My International Marketing class is my first night class that I had. Before class, the students and I got to speak a little about the professor and his reputation for giving very long papers. I have also had this professor before, so I somewhat know what to expect. He was about twenty minutes late, but when he finally came in we watched a short movie to review some things from our Principles of Marketing class. After that, he was able to show us the connection between marketing locally to marketing internationally. Since the class is three and a half hour long, he does a very good job at switching things up and keeping the class interested. We got to do a little bit of everything. We watched a movie, worked in pairs, took a mini pop quiz, and then took some lecture notes. He let us out about an hour early, since we were able to accomplish covering all the material we needed to for the day.

I was able to come up with some flyers and papers for the International Business Club, but still need to find Mr. Maher to speak to him about some issues I have. I do not have the original brochures from the club with the mission statement and the goals of the club. I want to incorporate those things in the new flyers I am making, but since the original president of the club has graduated, I have no way of getting hold of her. We have the club convention coming up soon so I need to be prepared.

No comments: