Sunday, April 8, 2007

First Week is Over

So I have finally met all my professors and experienced what night classes are like. My Thursday night class professor is very nice, and has a lot of experience in what he is teaching. Considering it is a three and a half hour class, he did a great job at managing the class time, and keeping the class awake. First he spoke a bit about his life and the syllabus so that we know what to expect from the class. Then we covered two chapters which went by pretty quick since he was able to give us real examples and not just read from the book. After covering the chapters we watched two short movies about how an ad agency is ran.

I recently got an e-mail from Berkeley College stating that there is going to be another career fair in May. I went to one last year but since I was only going into my sophomore year, not a lot of companies were interested in me yet. From my experience, they are mostly looking for interns or full time employees around their junior or senior year. I have gotten much more involved in school activities this year than I did last year. I am sure all those little things have definitely boosted my resume up which should help at the career fair.

The club convention is four days away, and I am nowhere near prepared. I haven’t been able to get a hold of Mr. Maher around school to speak to him about making the brochures or flyers for the convention. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I cannot find the original brochure to the club, so I don’t know where to find the original mission statement. I hope Mr. Maher can help me with that when I finally get a chance to speak to him. I also need to get in touch with the current treasurer of the club so that she can be involved in the club convention as well.

Next Wednesday is my induction for the International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration. It’s being held at the Crown Plaza Hotel, which is the same place that the job fair was located at last year. It’s a very nice hotel from what I can remember. I hope the ceremony will be very nice and a great memory to have, I’m definitely looking forward to it!

1 comment:

ee said...

Grats on the National Honor Society acceptance. Another accomplishment to put on your resume!