Friday, April 20, 2007

First Club Meeting

I know it seems like I have been slacking on writing my blogs this week. Things have been so busy this week that I have barely had any time to do anything. This is my second week being back in school for the spring quarter, so there are still a lot of things to catch up on.

On Wednesday the International Business Club finally had its first meeting. We did not have as good of an outcome as we would have hoped for, but the new people that have joined seem very nice. We spoke about ourselves and what we are planning on doing in life, as well as what we want to achieve from the club. As president of the club, I think it is very important that I be open to other people’s opinions and work with them to make the club a successful one.

We went on speaking about what activities the club could organize. Eventually we narrowed the list down to two activities we want to do first, either the International Food Day, or a movie and pizza. On Monday I was having a meeting with Ms.Tripp to discuss the club and its events. I sent an e-mail to Alex, the vice president to see if she would like to accompany me to the meeting in case she wanted to be a part of the discussion.

My classes are running quite smoothly right now. In my Abnormal Psychology class, we had our first exam which was taken online. We were able to use the book, which was a lot of help even though a lot of the questions were from discussions in class. Considering I am not very fond of math, I still managed to do pretty well on the exam.

Soon it will be time to come up with my summer schedule as well. Before that, I have to wait to get my test results from my language test to see which electives I can eliminate. I will have to give them a call on Monday to see where my case stands. Along with everything else going on, I also still have to look into finding an internship which I have been slacking with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its Monica from Midtown/ downtown; I am happy to see you guys taking steps forward for the "Berkeley Advantage" the whole idea of the blog is awesome. I think its a good way for us to also have intercampus communication and to advertise our club and campus events.

Anonymous said...

Dear Aleksandra

I'm happy to see that the international business club is still active on campus. I have been reading your blogs and I see that the international food day event is still popular among the students on campus. You probably never heard of me, but my name is chris smith and I was a member of the international business club. Matter of fact, I was the president of the club before you came on board. Take it from me, the international food day is the event you should go with first. The reason I'm saying this is that I was there to see the international food day get off the ground and the students enjoyed it. I understand that you are having problems attracting new members into the club and scheduling meetings. I had the same problems when I was president of the club. Some how I managed to overcome those problems by working with the members I had. Trust me! The members I had were fun and interesting people. You probably know some of them. The scheduling of meetings will sometimes be a problem because people work after school or they have other activities. I hope your vice president gets his or herself together concerning the club. Missing meetings can be very bad because what happens if you can't make it to a meeting, then what?
When you get this message, write me back because I would like to talk to you concerning the international business club and the international food day. I believe that I can be a big help to you since I'm a former president of the club. Under my leadership the international business club became a recognize club on campus and I also helped to give the club a sense of identity and direction. If you want to reach me, you can email me at christopher-smith@mymail.berkeleycollege.edu

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.