Thursday, April 2, 2009

Online Help For Students

I’m not sure how many students really know all the benefits that Berkeley really offers. Whenever you need help with anything you always have someone there to answer your questions. If you have writing questions you go to the ASC Center, you have activity questions you go to Student Development and if you have technical problems you call the IT department. Everything is made so convenient for you.

About a week ago I was trying to log into my Blackboard account and it was just not allowing me to log in. I was getting very frustrated and I finally gave up thinking that Blackboard might be having some issues. About a week later, which was yesterday I was once again trying to log into Blackboard and I was unable to do so. I tried it about 5 times thinking that I was putting in the wrong password since Berkeley changed all of our passwords to more secure ones. The passwords used to be our last 4 digits of our social security numbers but now they are a certain code that you use within Berkeley. I like this system a lot better.

I really needed to get into Blackboard because I needed to look up some staff e-mails. I knew that I had to contact the IT department but I really didn’t want to sit on the phone. Well a great feature that Berkeley has is that you can get any help that you need right online! It’s like talking on AIM to the help desk where they will answer any of your questions. I spoke to someone named Greg and they were very helpful. He was able to reset my password within 5 minutes and I was able to log into my account without a problem.

A few minutes go by and I checked my e-mail. In my e-mail I was e-mailed the whole conversation that I had with Greg. This shows me that Berkeley is so confident in their services that they have no problem e-mailing you proof that your problem was solved properly and efficiently.

No comments: