Friday, March 27, 2009

Graduation time is getting closer and closer! On Monday all the students that will be walking graduation gathered at the Student Center to pick up their cap and gowns. I came around 6pm because at 5:30 I met with Dr. Farington to talk about my speech and ways to improve it. It was so great to see everyone there! I saw Amy Young, Dean Hughes, different professors, and all my old friends that I lost touch with.

When you come into the Student Center first thing you did was pick up your tickets. Each student got 6 tickets, but you can really bring unlimited amount of people because tickets are not checked at the door. The IZOD Center is really big, so I highly doubt that they would ever run out of room for all the family members. As you walked around the student center, you saw different other things that you could get to enhance the look of your diploma or get your pictures taken. You also had the option of getting a college ring. I saw many students filling out the forms to get their college rings, but I was not get one of them.

They also had a broad range of entertainment for us too. We had snacks, fruit, and best of all my FAVORITE peanut butter cookies. Berkeley never fails me with their peanut butter cookies. We also had a caricaturist. He drew really nice pictures of the students who had the chance to get a drawing. Here is mine and Ale’s:




Before we left we had to have our picture taken with Dean Hughes and Amy Young. We all worked so close when we were there that we wanted another picture for a lasting memory. Check it out!

No comments: