Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Graduation Speach

I sent an e-mail to Dean Hughes and Amy Young about graduation. I asked them if it’s possible that I could speak to my fellow students at the graduation ceremony at the IZOD Center. Many people tough it would be crazy to speak in front of that many people but having the satisfaction of saying motivating and inspiring words to my fellow Alumni is very rewarding and beats any fear I may have.

I think that this would be a great addition to graduation. Last year I was at the graduation because as the student body president I guided them into the IZOD center for them to receive their diploma. The graduation ceremony itself was wonderful and very meaningful but I felt it needed something more. It was great that the interim president at that time spoke to us as well as the different people on the board of trustees. The Dean also said many meaningful words but I still felt like something was missing.

I thought about it for a little bit and thought that maybe we need a student to speak at the graduation as well. I think it would be great if we could hear something from someone who is going through the same motions and changes that they are. It could be very meaningful to the students. I want to leave the students with a few words that will set them on their way and make them look forward to the future with their chin up and hopes high. I should be hearing an answer back from Dean Hughes sometime this week so I will keep you updated on what will happen with that.

No comments: