Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bergen Campus

In my previous blog I mentioned that I was going to apply for a position at Berkeley which I did. I got called in for an interview and I have to say that I had a great experience. I had my first interview on Monday and my second interview on Tuesday. After I finished the interviews I had to go home and do a one hour test online that they give to all applicants to see if they really are as good as they say they are. The test cracked me up a little because I felt like I was taking the SAT’s. It tested your honestly, grammar, spelling, math skills, and other things too. I think I did well!

I have not heard back from anyone yet, but I am hoping for the best. It would be really great to work for Berkeley. One of the fun things about the interview was that I got to see the Bergen campus for the first time. I have never been to that campus because I never had the need to take any classes there. The campus is significantly smaller than Garret Mountain but it’s still a very nice campus. The building and the rooms have a very modern feel to them. The ceilings and doors are very tall which gives you a perception of a very wide open space.

There are a lot of administration offices and departments there too. You have the marketing department, accounting, payroll, admissions and much more. Carol Allen Cavino gave me a whole tour of the building. What I really liked seeing is the lab classes for sketching and drawing. In these classes students have the ability to draw designs and then bring them to life by making their creations. Our students have great talent from the artwork that I saw in some of the classrooms.

I have been working hard on my speech for graduation. I am constantly adding things, taking things out, and every time I read it I see something that can be changed. Sometimes I feel like it will never be finished. There is less than a month left till we walk down that arena with our friends and family members around us. I am slowly becoming very anxious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!