Thursday, April 30, 2009

Speech

I had some students ask me to post my written speech on my blog because they wanted to print it out. I was told they found it very inspiring and would like to print out the words. You can also view the video of the speech on my last Blog as well as the recording on the Berkeley website of the graduation ceremony.
Here it is…
-Good morning fellow Graduates! As your student body president I would like to congratulate all of you for accomplishing your goal and achieving a college degree.
-First, I would like to speak on our behalf and thank everyone that helped us get to this point.
• Administrators, you were always there to help us in any way that you could,
• Professors, you set us on the right path by giving us knowledge, and
• Parents, you helped us when the going got tough.
-I would like to say a special thank you to my dad and Stephen for always being my rock when I was feeling shaky.
-Now, let’s take a look at the road ahead of us:
-Berkeley gave us the foundation, but what happens from this point on is what will leave a permanent fingerprint on our souls. Follow your heart and don’t spend your time trying to win over your critics because your destiny is determined by YOU, not your critics.
- You were given one life, so make the best of it. Respect others but most importantly respect yourself because every one of us has something to offer that nobody else can.
-Strive for self improvement. Instead of trying to break bad habits, try replace them with good ones. Happiness does not depend on your circumstances; it’s a choice that you make. Live your life in a positive way and smile because a smile is a cheap way to improve your looks.
-When one door closes, stay positive because life is just waiting for you to open a better one. Don’t get discouraged, faith does not instantly deliver to you, but it does carry you though.
-Lastly, you attract what you constantly think about. Stay passionate about life and be grateful for what you have, not what you are missing. Take each battle as a challenge and not as a problem and you will grow strong.
-Remember, learn from life, smile and appreciate the journey. You only have one chance to do so.
-Your first journey with Berkeley is over, but it doesn’t have to be your last one. Become proud Alumni and don’t forget that Berkeley is here for you!
-Congratulations class of 2009!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.